The dentist often recommends the application of fluoride – a natural mineral commonly found in oral care products – to protect the patient’s teeth. Although brushing the teeth with a fluoridated toothpaste is necessary, it is still more beneficial to opt for professional fluoride treatment at the dentist.
At 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics, fluoride application is made available in the form of a varnish, gel, or foam. Aside from providing our patients with a strong concentration of fluoride to combat tooth decay effectively. A hassle-free dental experience is assured once they visit the dental office with the fact that we are working hard to create a relaxing and stress-free environment for them! Moreover, to know more about fluoride treatment, continue reading below:
- No matter how strong the enamel is, it is still subjected to wear and tear due to certain reasons. To add extra strength, fluoride can be applied.
- Fluoride plays a significant role in the remineralization process of the enamel, thereby decreasing the risk of the teeth to accumulate cavities.
- Many people think that fluoride is only for children. However, it is not just the young ones that are subject for cavities, the adults too! Both young and old patients can prevent oral issues like decays with the help of the treatment.
- You can always feel at ease with professional fluoride treatment as the procedure is proven safe. Despite the negative claims about its safety, there is no evidence to show that fluoride, when applied topically, can cause great risks to the person’s health.
- For those who might want to pursue fluoride treatment but are having a hard time overcoming fear at the dental chair, you can guarantee that the process involved in the application of fluoride is not painful at all. The dentist will only have to apply the fluoride on your teeth, either with a small brush or a tray for a minute or two – that’s all!
Brushing, flossing, and mouth-rinsing are three essential ways to maintain a healthy mouth, teeth, and gums. But if you want to go the extra mile, you can always opt for a professional fluoride application with us at 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics.
Get added protection to your teeth. Book your Fluoride Application appointment in Roanoke, TX with 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics! Our dental office is located at 200 E. State Hwy. 114, Roanoke, TX 76262.