As people age, the teeth weakens which is the common cause of tooth loss. Bad habits, as well as food intake and decay, can also contribute to tooth loss which leaves a gap in the mouth as an indication of missing teeth. People who suffer from such dental issue found the daily activities challenging such as chewing, eating and speaking. Not just that, it also affects their smile and facial appearance. Here at 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics, we offer several types of Dentures to replace missing teeth and restore the patient’s smile and facial aesthetics.
What are Dentures?
Dentures are commonly known as removable prosthetics which is ideal for replacing missing teeth especially for patients who are afraid of undergoing surgical procedures or patients who have weak tooth-supporting tissues. Dentures have an acrylic base supported by gum tissue and designed to be removable. Through this, it will be easier to clean the mouth and prosthetics.
Types of Dentures
Removable Partial Dentures
It is a bridge which consists artificial replacement teeth supported by a gum-colored plastic base attached to a metal framework to keep the dentures stable in the mouth. It is ideal for replacing multiple missing teeth to prevent other teeth from shifting out of their correct position. Crowns supported removable partial dentures and designed to mimic the appearance and color of the teeth to make it look natural.
If the patient lost all the teeth, a complete denture is a great option. Full dentures are custom made artificial replacement teeth to ensure proper fit, shape and bite for the patient. It is placed after the extraction of the remaining tooth and gum tissues have healed. Complete dentures help in keeping the contour of the lips and the facial structure by preventing facial sagging.
It is commonly known as interim dentures. It can be either partial or complete dentures placed to stabilize the mouth while in the healing process in preparation for a permanent denture.
It is fixed in place and cannot be easily dislodged, fall out, or even slip. They are a stable alternative over traditional dentures and do not irritate the gum line which prevents soreness or pain. In addition, they are the most natural-looking tooth-replacement option.
Benefits of Dentures
- Enhance chewing, eating and speaking ability
- Preserve and restore the Facial structure
- Improve Social relationship by eliminating awkwardness caused by missing teeth
- Prevents remaining teeth from shifting out of proper position
- Easy Cleaning since it is removable
- Boost Confidence
- Restore Youthful Smile
How To Properly Care for your Dentures
- Keep the dentures hydrated by placing it in the solution or plain water. Avoid putting the dentures in hot water since it may distort the shape.
- Just like the teeth, dentures need to be cleaned by brushing to remove debris and avoid staining.
- Keep your mouth healthy by brushing your gums, tongue, and palate before wearing the dentures.
- Have a regular visit to the dentist to ensure proper fit of dentures.
Aiming to restore your teeth as natural as it was before? Contact us to know more about Dentures in Roanoke, TX or to schedule your appointment with 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics.