Feeling somewhat anxious or fearful before or during a dental procedure is a common thing. Believe it or not, many people experience dental fear even at the thought of seeing a dentist or a dental chair. Though it may sound comical to some, some people would instead perform self-medication than schedule a dental appointment even for a checkup.
Avoiding dental appointments can increase the risks of complications that do not only affect dental health but also the overall health of a person. Several dental complications are linked to systemic health complications if left untreated like gum disease. Self-medication may work on some patient but it will only provide temporarily results. Any form of health problems can be successfully cured when the cause is taken care of by a professional.
People who do not get the necessary dental treatments they need are not only limited to those with dental fear and anxiety. Having severe gag reflex, teeth sensitivity, physical limitations (back or neck problems), resistance to local anesthetics, chronic jaw pain, or low pain tolerance are only some of the challenges and difficulties people experience that limits them to receive the treatments they need.
We at 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics understand that, despite the need for dental attention some factors can hinder patients from getting what they need. We help provide solutions by offering Sedation Dentistry options such as Laughing Gas, Oral Sedation, and IV Conscious Sedation. Patients with special needs can receive the dental treatments they need without something getting in the way.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
- The type and levels of sedation can be decided by the dentist depending on the patient’s overall condition. Factors such as length, number, and type of treatments are also considered to guarantee effective, comfortable, and safe procedures for overall dental health care.
- For patients who fear needles laughing gas or oral sedation can be the best possible options. It does not use any needle when administered allowing patients to feel at ease. Laughing gas is delivered by inhaling while oral, as its name suggests, is taken orally typically an hour before the scheduled appointment.
- Sedation is ideal for people who would like to stay awake during dental procedures to feel at ease. Although they are awake, they would not feel any pain or discomfort ensuring their full comfort.
- Dentists can also benefit from sedation dentistry since they can complete the dental procedures without any delay or worries.
- Sedation dentistry is safe to use for anyone at any age. To guarantee the patient’s safety an assistant keeps track of the vital signs of patients under the influence of Sedation to make them feel comfortable without any worries.
Everyone deserves an anxious-free and comfortable dental experience. Avail of our Sedation Dentistry Services in Allen, TX. Book your appointment with us at 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics! We are located at 1205 W. McDermott Dr. #120, Allen, TX 75013.