Retainer Wear and Care
You retainer is a removable appliance designed to maintain your teeth in their corrected position. Please follow these Wear and Care instructions carefully.
- The Upper retainer should be worn at all times (during meals and sleeping too)
unless your doctor gives you other instructions. Remove it only when brushing
- the retainer's plastic taste will disappear quickly, and your speech will return to normal after a few days, of wearing the retainer.
- Soreness will leave in a few days, even after an adjustment. If you have a localized sore spot after three of four days, call us for an appointment.
- Don't flip the retainer with your tongue. This could damage you teeth.
- clean the retainer by brushing it with soap and water and occasionally clean it with denture cleaner, using warm (not hot) water.
- When it's not in your mouth, keep the retainer in a special box given to you (not wrapped in a napkin or in you pocket).
- Keep the retainer away from pets.
- Bring the retainer to each appointment.
© 2008 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics | Site designed and maintained by TNT Dental